Being a teacher myself, I receive a lot of questions from students seeking academic suggestions and doubts in lessons. One of the most frequent questions I am receiving in recent times (after the COVID-19 lockdown) is about online tuitions.
I would recommend coming to me for tuitions if it were an offline mode 😅, but alas!! The question is about online tuitions. Before I answer, I decided to do some research, and I chose Byju’s Classes.
BYJU’S Teacher Reviews
To be fair. I wanted to see the classes first-hand before I keyed down my review. So, we enrolled my nephew, who is in grade 6, for BYJU’S online tutoring. After attending the classes side‑by-side for about a month and a half, here is my take on BYJU’S Classes.
What I liked:
- Flexible Schedule – You can choose between weekdays and weekend slots to attend the classes. So, my nephew decided to play and have fun after his online school for the whole week and take tuitions only on the weekends. Lucky Kid or is he? We will find out.
- The learning process is entirely online!! – It is a great option considering you can maintain social distancing during the COVDI-19 crisis and post COVID-19 (don’t know how soon that is), you don’t have to travel far to attend after‑school tuitions.
- Tech-enabled lessons and other teaching aids make the lessons more engaging. For example, my nephew has ‘Water’ as a chapter in Biology, and the lessons were presented something like this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDhXPTkbRFo&ab_channel=BYJU%27S. Cool stuff??
- My nephew did not turn out to be completely lucky after-all. Why?? Because he had to do his homework after school. The good news is when nobody’s around to help him, he can use the BYJU’S learning app to revisit the topics in which he has doubts. Enrolling in BYJU’S online classes gives you access to the BYJU’S learning app.
- This part though, my nephew did not like it one bit. The reasons- homework, tests, and PTA !! BYJU’S classes conduct regular tests and monthly PTA’s. They also give regular homework after every session. I know he doesn’t like it, but he will appreciate it later.
- A dedicated mentor or TA (teacher assistant) will keep in touch with the students and parent’s regularly to share the progress reports and suggest methods of improvement. The mentor may also suggest extra classes if need be.
- You need to have a stable internet connection. At least 1.5-2.0 Mbps to avoid lags and performance issues.
- You need to keep your devices charged while attending the classes. Luckily for us, we have UPS back-up, but I am guessing there is a way you can take the class again in-case you missed it.
- You need to set up a learning environment at home. Most kids are already attending online classes from home, so if you set-up a learning space or have set one up already, it will help kids concentrate during lessons.
- Just because the classes are online, it doesn’t mean these are live classes. The platform streams pre-recorded classes at your available time. However, the mentor will be online during the class, and you may ask any doubts related to the subject via the chat feature.
I found that BYJU’S online classes are one of the best after-school learning options.
Share your views below. Do you want me to review any other learning platform, let me know… Happy learning!!