The status of online learning quickly changed from optional to essential during the global pandemic. However, it comes with a set of unique challenges and benefits
If you are a teacher/educational institute delivering online courses, consider the following tips to stay on top of your game.
Use an online meeting platform.
The first task at hand is to create a two-way communication channel between you and your student/s. Applications such as Google Meet and Zoom can help you stay well connected and set up a virtual meeting place. It can avoid the out-of-sight and out-of-mind syndrome.
Motivate your students.
The next challenge is to motivate your students to attend the online classroom and complete the assignments.
- Set achievable deadlines.
- Give extra points for online discussions.
- Help your students to stay engaged and seek the support of parents to make this work.
- Encourage joyful challenges; intra-team and inter-team.
- Build a channel for some fun and creative activities. Set up a virtual science fair, poetry competition, drawing competitions, singing, acting, or any other unique talents your students can showcase.
- Connect with your students individually.
- Give timely feedback and updates.
- Specify your working hours so that students can know when to reach out to you.
- If students are sick or cannot join a class due to an appointment, remind students to keep you informed. Do the same if you are unable to conduct a class.